[bookport] Re: Discharge rate for rechargeable batteries

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:49:15 -0400

Jim:

If you're getting 60 hours, you're likely doing the best you can. Of
course, there are lithium batteries; I don't know how many hours you
would get with them.

I used the same Book Port for over two years and never bent a contact.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Rob Meredith

>>> fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx 10/06/05 10:49AM >>>

Hi list,

A comment and a question.
Since I got my Bookport last June, I have been using Panasonic alkaline

batteries, which I can get at the dollar store for 38 cents apiece. I
have
consistently been getting over sixty hours from each pair. Since there
may
be a problem with the contacts, it seems the    fewer battery changes
the
better.
Now the question. Since we have been told that the flat side of the
battery
should be inserted first, how should it be removed? Should we pull up
on
the little cloth strip, or pull up the positive end first? It probably

doesn't make any difference, but it is something to think about in your

spare time.

Jim P