[bookport] Re: Did I break my bookport?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:54:44 -0400

Tai:

Before we say "Send it back in," let's try a couple of things:

First of all, try leaving the batteries and the Compact Flash Card out
for at least 24 hours.  Then, when you do put batteries in, try a good
set of Alkalines, so we can rule out any problem with your rechargeable
batteries.  Then, if it comes back, you can go back to those if you'd
like.

Also, have you tried doing a Reset with 2 plus b?

It is normal for the computer not to recognize the Book Port, if it is
dead, so we'll worry about that part later.  First, let's get it back up
and running.

If the things I've mentioned don't help, then you can send it back.
You don't need your receipt, unless it was purchased by someone else.
If you purchased it directly from us, then we will have record of your
warranty.

Sincerely,

Pamela

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> tai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/22/06 05:44PM >>>
Thanks. I'll try that and see if it helps. I am just so scared I've
broken
it. When I tried to update it after trying everything else to revive
it,
nothing happened during the update, so I popped the batteries out. I
wonder
since they were rechargeables if it toasted the machine. I really
really
hope not. I am a graduate student and really need the bookport for
reading.
I cannot afford to replace it. I annot recall when I purchased it and
don't know if I still have the receipt so I'm not sure if it is under
warranty. Even if it is, I fear that my mistake is not something that
is
covered by the warranty.
Tai