[bookport] Re: Dealing with large daisy audio books

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:23:33 -0500 (CDT)

One of my suggestions for improvements was that the Book Port be given more firmware space, to allow more features to actually exist inside the BP as opposed to everything having to be converted. I personally would like to see a nice, zipy USB 2.0 interface and just send the files over without converting VOrbis to MP3, without convertaing DAISY format, without converting Word files or HTML files to text, and let the Book Port handle all of this stuff without conversion.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Sharon wrote:

I too would like for consideration to be given to having the conversion take place inside the transfer program without B P being connected. Everyone mentions the drainage on the battery. This is not the issue with me. My objection to the long transfer time is that it ties up my Book Port. I do almost everything with the book Port, and so, must plan for time to have it tied up. I understand the problem with conforming with the laws on the subject. However, if the conversion took place before the file was transferred, it would still be a file that only Book Port could read.

Make it a Grate one

Sharon