[bookport] Dealing with large daisy audio books

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:01:17 -0700

Hi folks,
This is primarily directed towards the development team, but if any one has
suggestions, please let me know.

I am a teacher. It's important for me to have the entirety of the text book
I am teaching at my fingertips.
Currently, I'm using a text which is about 900 pages long. Bookport will
only allow me to transfer about half of the book, around 250 mb even though
I have a two gb card.
Now, I'm guessing that this is a file size limitation. Is there any way to
have both halves of the book on the bp at the same time?
I transferred the first half, then, thought that I could transfer the second
half. I figured that the file names would be different because of the page
numbers. Well, the second half overwrote the first half.
Before I try separate folders. I want to know if this is going to work.

Also, is there any way we could use another card reader besides the bp to
transfer files? It would save battery life; we could use the bp while large
files such as this, which took about an hour for conversion are transfering.
This would also be useful for teachers who need to do several transfers for
several different students.

If you have sugggestions for dealing with large files, please let me know.
And, please give these larger files some attention as you continue to update
bp.

Thanks!
Rusty