[bookport] Re: Daisy Vs BRF with Bookshare

  • From: "optus rod" <rodsalzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:09:21 +1000

Using the Book Port transfer program to send a Daisy book is the most tricky thing I have seen of late. I don't know if anyone out there can comment.

A daisy book has a number of files: *.MP3, ncc.html *.smil. The Book Port seems to combine all of these and make one file out of them all. An example is below:
nz-rnzfb-36550._DD .

I think it is really neat - but I don't know what is happening. The transfer program I have lets me utline the range of chapters (pages) in the Daisy book I want to send. That information came from the ncc.html file.

I  do not know what the Kurzweil
1000  sends to book port.

It would be nice if the Book Port could use grade two Braille - as writing everything in full if a bit cumbersome. But boy - what a brilliant tool it is now.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>