[bookport] Re: Daisy Vs BRF with Bookshare

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:53:48 -0500

Dave,

I use .brf mainly because the files are smaller and the daisy markup is not
extensively used on the Bookshare files so you don't gain anything.  The
exception to this would be the O'reily files, technical books on computing
which are donated directly by the publisher and, there, there is some
convenient use of daisy navigation.  At least, you can jump from chapter to
chapter.

Some folks say that the translation problems make the .brf files unpleasant
to use but I haven't found this to be the case at all.  Lou