[bookport] Re: Daisy Digital Talking Books from RFB&D

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:07:53 -0500

Hello:

The Book Wizard is the program that sort of decodes the Daisy material and =
gives the Book Port Transfer the information it needs to read the book. =
You don't need to do anything with that, as the Book Port Transfer will do =
it for you.=20

If you haven't already, you will need to download the Book Share unpacking =
tool from Book Share. Once you've installed that, you can go into My =
Computer, click on the book file you want to send (it will have the .bks =
extension), and it will open the Unpacking utility. Follow the steps to =
unpack it. Once you've done that, you can go into Book Port Transfer, and =
send the file with either the .opf extension, or the .brf extension =
(depending on the format of the book).=20

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxx 01/20/05 09:46AM >>>
I just downloaded my first Daisy file from Bookshare.  How do I transfer =
it=20
to the Bookport?  I see the Bookport Wizard Reader.  Do I use that, or,=20
what is its purpose?

At 07:23 AM 1/20/2005, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>As I told you yesterday on the phone, it isn't necessary to do all of =3D
>that. It will take more time, and you will save yourself some steps by =
=3D
>letting Book Port Transfer do the work for you. Rob and Larry have made =
=3D
>this very easy. All you need to do is connect your Book Port, and Book =
=3D
>Port Transfer will come up. Insert the CD, and click on the file, and =
then =3D
>relax.=3D20
>
>If you have the Send Digital Files at startup checked in the Options =
menu, =3D
>you don't even have to click on the file (that is up to you).=3D20
>
>Try it. I think you'll find it is much easier that way.=3D20

>I received my first Daisy format Digital Talking book from
>RFB&D. They call them audio plus and it is a cd disk. In order
>to transfer the cd from my cd-rom drive to my book port device I
>had to purchase an activation key cd from RFB&D too. I installed
>this activation key.
>
>Questions I have:
>
>Can I rip the RFB&D cds that I get from RFB&D to my hard drive?
>Reason is the from hard drive to book port device would be much
>faster right? Plus I am not sure such a cd can be ripped to my
>hard drive. Unknown file format - daisy format? All this is for
>my own personal use. To make the transfers much faster to my
>book port device.
>
>Any suggestions and tips is greatly appreciated. The audible.com
>service is great. I am listening to my first book from
>audible.com.
>
>Thanks.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a =
hope.=20
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in =
earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the=20
LORD...  =20