[bookport] Daisy Digital Talking Books from RFB&D

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:00:56 -0800 (PST)

I received my first Daisy format Digital Talking book from
RFB&D. They call them audio plus and it is a cd disk. In order
to transfer the cd from my cd-rom drive to my book port device I
had to purchase an activation key cd from RFB&D too. I installed
this activation key.

Questions I have:

Can I rip the RFB&D cds that I get from RFB&D to my hard drive?
Reason is the from hard drive to book port device would be much
faster right? Plus I am not sure such a cd can be ripped to my
hard drive. Unknown file format - daisy format? All this is for
my own personal use. To make the transfers much faster to my
book port device.

Any suggestions and tips is greatly appreciated. The audible.com
service is great. I am listening to my first book from
audible.com.

Thanks.