[bookport] Daisy Digital Talking Books

  • From: "Michael Massey" <micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:14:24 -0600

Hi.  Yesterday I downloaded and installed the sample test document and it
transferred to the book port and plays just fine.  But I am curious about
something.  Why is it that you do not hear the distinctive voice of Lou
Harpenau say the words "opening book" or "closing book" or "start of book"
and so on.  Is this something that won't be included until future upgrades
of the book port software and firmware?  I also noticed that with the sample
of Verbal View of Windows XP that there was synthetic speech along with the
narration of Richard Howenstein.  Why would there be two speech formats
overlapping?  Will the above mentioned features be incorporated into
whatever player is designed by NLS?  Thank you.

Mike