[bookport] Re: Converting NLS Magazines to MP3 for Use in the Book Port

  • From: "John Melia" <uncle.jam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:53:23 -0400

Nolan I would like to know how you did that neat trick e mail me @ uncle.jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Original Message ----- From: "Nolan Crabb" <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 6:59 PM
Subject: [bookport] Converting NLS Magazines to MP3 for Use in the Book Port

Hi, everyone.

Yesterday I posed a question about converting NLS magazines from cassette to
Book Port-ready MP3 audio using Sound Forge. My heart-felt thanks to Pshon
Barrett, whose name I've probably inadvertently misspelled, for forwarding
my message on to a mutual friend, who gave me lots of help with the pitch
problem.

Just wanted you to know that I've created my first set of MP3 files from an
NLS magazine today, and all four tracks sound wonderful in a Book Port at 24
KBPS. My next step is to learn how to use the noise reduction plug-in with
Sound Forge to reduce some of the crosstalk I get from my handicassette.

The solution is incredibly simple, so if you use Sound Forge 8 and want to
communicate about this off list, please don't hesitate to write.

Nolan, who is now truly liberated from his clunky, analog cassette reading
system!  :-)