[bookport] Re: Consider supporting UEB

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:15:51 -0600 (CST)

The UEB is a horrible, horrible thing and I'm on a crusade to try to keep Canada from adopting it. I fear I'll fail.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, David Allen wrote:

Hi list:

I suppose the rest of the world doesn't care, but I'm going to say this anyway.

New Zealand has decided to adopt the Unified English Braille Code, as have a few select other countries. They are already producing their materials by those rules. This is causing some problems when sending brf files to the book port.

If you need files for examination, I can send you some.

Cheers,
Dave