[bookport] Congratulation to APH Book Port Team

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:40:02 -0500

Hi All,

Having been the owner of several mailing lists, I ask you all not to flood
the list with comments like I agree to this message.

I was one of the first people to purchase the Book Port. I was so excited
about its possibilities that I could not sleep the night before buying it.
I have been heavily involved with the beta testing and have been thrilled
to watch the Book Port mature and develop.

The Book Port has exceeded my hopes and dreams for it. I know that version
2.0 is about to be released. As beta testers already know, this version is
truly fabulous with all of the new features that have been incorporated.

Many of the innovations have come about because of user suggestions. Making
these suggestions actually a reality on the device, is very complicated and
takes true programming talent and a tremendous amount of creativity. My hat
is off to the APH Book Port development team. When we read audible books,
take notes, listen to podcasts, read daisy and brf files or do any of the
other things that we do with our Book Port, it is easy to forget just how
much painstaking development work went in to making it all work so
beautifully. I think it should win the device of the decade award.

Robert Carter