[bookport] Re: Compact Flash problem

  • From: Delta <delta8@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:26:57 +1000

Haven't got a card reader unfortunately.

Tom.

At 06:16 PM 17.02.2007, you wrote:
Yes there is. If you have a card reader, connect it to your computer. Put the flash card in it. Go to Windows Explorer, then arrow up or down to the drive letter your card reader is called. Press the applications key... the key next to the right ctrl. Arrow up to format. Press enter on that. I don't have a card that needs formatting, so I don't remember exactly what the screen should say, but I do believe the procedure is fairly straightforward. If you need further assistance, I'm sure someone can and will give you pointers.

At 01:03 AM 2/17/2007, Delta wrote:
Hi Sandy,

When you ask about formatting it on the computer, do you mean -

With the BP connected to the computer, highlight the removable drive in My computer and press the context menu key. Arrow down to the format option and press enter.

This has been tried but nothing happened.

Is there another way of doing a format apart from the above and the four corner keys of the BP?

Thanks
Tom.

At 04:07 PM 17.02.2007, you wrote:
Have you tried reformatting it on the computer? You just might have a bad card. With Sandisk I would be surprised, but electronic infant failure can happen to any equipment.

At 10:37 PM 2/16/2007, Delta wrote:
Hi David,
Thanks foor your reply but the card has been re-formatted numerous times with no change unfortunately.

The card and batteries were also removed from the BP overnight but still no change.

Tom.

At 02:03 PM 17.02.2007, you wrote:
Hi Tom and list:

I'd try reformatting that card and be sure to format it on the book port by holding down the four corner keys 1+3+D+F. Press the four corner keys again and wait until the book port tells you it is finished.

I'm aware you have probably done this before, but I have seen circumstances when this fixes similar issues.

I have had a very similar card in my unit now for about 4 months and have lost count of what I've put on, taken off, moved around, etc. on it. Haven't even needed to change cards since I put it in, so it's holding up very well because I use my book port for reading writing and alarms every day.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Delta" <delta8@xxxxxxxxxx>