[bookport] Re: Compact Flash cards and space remaining

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, BookPort <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:40:52 -0500

The Bookport doesn't support 8GB cards. 4GB cards work fine. just get a standard CF card. Don't bother with ultra high speeds.

If you are reading an audio file, stop the reading by pressing 2. Hold down 8. After telling you the percentage of the file you have listened to, you will be told how much space is left on the card, along with some other stats.. While reading a txt file, hold down the 8 key for a couple of seconds or so. You will be given the same statistics.

At 01:08 PM 5/29/2007, Ann wrote:
Hi folks,

I was just wondering if there are any types, speed, capacities, etc., of
compact flash cards that don't work well with the bookpoart? I'm
thinking of buying either a 4 GB or an 8 GB card, and while I can use
either of these in my computer, if the larger capacities don't play well
with Bookport, I can save my money.

I was also wondering if there was a way for the bookport to tell you how
much free space you have left on a  card?

Thanks.

~Ann

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.