[bookport] Re: Changing the reading speed

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:21:35 -0500

Francis,

As Joni said, you can check the available card space by reading the status
line on the screen when transfer is running and the BP is connected.  How
you do this depends on your screen reader.  I think both Jaws and Win Eyes
have commands for doing it.  The only speed you can change via the transfer
software is the speed of recorded audio files such as those from
audible.com.  The speed of the speech synthesizer can not be changed with
the software, only from the unit itself.  Lou