[bookport] Re: Cassette free.

  • From: "Otto Zamora" <8zamora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:02:01 -0500

hello,

I can't deal with cassettes any more, but like you, I remember when they
were the only thing out there.
Mostly what I use them for is NLS, and with the combo of a book port and a
home and portable mini disc player, I find that I have no need to record on
cassettes anymore.
I am glad of this, and it came to me just how spoiled I have gotten, when I
recorded something for a friend of mine, and had to put it on a cassette, as
that was all he had.
In a matter of about a half hour, I was exposed to wow, flutter, and the
recording sounded great on what I was using but terrible on his machine, a
common problem with cassettes.

Otto

  _____