[bookport] Re: Card size and Overwriting Files

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 10:50:05 -0500

Eric:

You have a 256MB card; the very newest units must be shipping with
those. The total is the number you are interested in; it will never say
256MB for various reasons.

You are never prompted to overwrite when sending; we decided not to do
it that way from the beginning. With certain file types, you will be
prompted for information regarding where to continue the send.

Rob Meredith

>>> sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx 12/08/05 10:39AM >>>
First, the status line when I have the transfer software open with the
BP
attached says:

238.5 MB free, 244.1 total

This does not add up to 512 MB, which I would assume is the actual card

size.  It is the card shipped with the unit.  Are there hidden files or
some
other reason for the disparity?

Second, should I get the notice I am about to overwrite a file and be
given
the option to continue.  If not, perhaps that could be something added
at
some time.

Continued thanks for all good information!

Eric SS