[bookport] Re: Can't connect

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:40:08 -0500

This is a very strange one, and I need to ask one specific question so I
can try to understand the problem.

Question: Did the Book Port connect and bring up Book Port Transfer
before updating to beta 28 on the same computer you're trying to use it
with now?  If the answer to this question is yes, it means that we must
have screwed up something in beta 28 that effects connectivity at least
on that particular computer.

>>> micka@xxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:40:21 AM >>>
Hi, Rob.

When I went to get the previous beta, the BP needed coaxing. I think I

finally got it.

Very early Sunday morning I decided it was time to get the beta. The
computer does NOT recognize the BP.

I've tried another USB cable, tried taking batteries out, tried
rebooting,
tried the BP on another computer to get the error, tried resetting and

reformattting, tried another card, and have been asking the list since

Sunday morning.

Any suggestions? Anything else I can try?

Boy, do you miss a BP once you've had it!

Mickey