[bookport] Re: Cannot convert books

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:11:30 -0400

Hi:

Try updating the Book Wizard Reader program.  You can do this by opening the
Book Wizard icon on your Desktop, then press Alt H to get to the Help menu and
choose the "Check For Updates," and see if there's a newer update.  If so, get
it.  If not, then try reformatting your compact flash card--although I believe
this is more of a BWR problem.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> jt.chess@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/22/07 06:05PM >>>
Hi,

I am getting this error message when attempting to move Daisy books with
either the Transfer program or Windows Explorer:

Book Port Transfer

Can't open C:\DOCUME~1\Jeffrey\LOCALS~1\Temp\BPDTBConv.txt

I can move text files, but nothing else. Does this call for reinstalling the
Transfer program from the CD? If so, should I remove with the Transfer
program and Book Wizard before reinstalling them, and should I reformat the
Flash card before reinstalling?

Thanks,
Jeffrey