[bookport] CF cards

  • From: "Richard Benoit" <reb503@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:51:04 -0500

I do not yet have a Book Port but after reading the documentation and reading
the "list" for the last week or more I feel at least somewhat familiar with it.
 No doubt that it is the top device for its intended purpose. Thanks to all on
the "list" for their part in this process.
Not much has been said about memory cards but I gather that a 2GB is the
maximum that the BP will take and that it would be the best choice to  use the
BP to its full potential and for convenience sake.

Can anyone tell me if there is any significant advantage in buying a higher
speed (and higher priced card), or would and name brand average CF card do the
job just as well?  The lowest total price I have seen (tax, S/H, after rebate)
is $115 for a Kingston Elite Pro.  It would seem a shame to spend more
needlessly.  The documentation does not address this.

Richard