[bookport] Re: Braille input

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:41:31 -0400

Hi Sandy,

That answers my question.  Thanks.

Rick
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:38 PM
Subject: [bookport] Re: Braille input

Rick, you can only type grade 1 into the Bookport.  The best place to find
out how to use the notetaker is to read the manual.  It is in the notetaker
section.  Also, read appendix C.

At 04:12 PM 8/1/2006, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I am trying to learn braille.  I have a book port and noticed that you can
>type braille into it as a note.
>
>Can I practace typing braille into the BP and have it read back to me?  If
>so could someone give me a few pointers on how to use the function.  I
>know how to activate the note function and have found the dots 1 - 6 keeys
>and the exit but don't know much more than that about it.
>
>I'll be typing grade 1 into it, I read something about the BP reading
>grade 2 braille.  Will it also read grade 1 too?
>
>Thanks,
>
>RIck
>

>=======
>
>Contact Information:
>
>Skype ID: rharmon928
>MSN ID: <mailto:rharmon928@xxxxxxxxxxx>rharmon928@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Email: <mailto:rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Phone: 330-724-6093
>Location: Akron, Ohio USA

>blind_geek_zone
>

>"The chief handicap of the blind is not blindness, but the attitude of
>seeing people towards them."
>- Helen Keller, 1925

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in
earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...