[bookport] Re: Bookport transfer and zipped folders

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:37:06 -0400

You can also do that with Windows XP.  Just open the file as if it were a =
folder, then send whatever books you want.

This is something we can look into though.

>>> donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, August 25, 2004 2:32:12 AM >>>
Hi

I may be missing something here and this topic may already have been
discussed, so please forgive me if this is the case.  Would it be possible
in a future upgrade of Bookport transfer to treat zipped folders as a =
folder
and to be able to look in them and send files from them to the bookport?
Many of my newspapers are emailed to me zipped.  Rather than extract them, =
would really like to be able to look in the zipped file/folder and send =
its
contents directly to bookport.  The idea has arisen, because in Kurzweil
1000 it is possible to treat a zipped folder as an ordinary folder, to =
view
its file list and then open the files directly from that folder.

Thanks again for any help.

Best wishes

Donna Slater