[bookport] Bookport equivalent of Blue Screen of Death

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:02:12 -0700

Hi Rob,

This might be related.  I have a 4 gig Sandisk card with more than 2 gig
used.

I recently downloaded a bunch of podcasts from the BlindCoolTech site and
saved them in a podcasts folder on my hard drive.  In most cases, when doing
the transfer, I removed the BCT### prefix on the filenames.   The files
saved are (listed by filename):

 AigoA208Review.mp3
 bct439GoldWaveBasics.mp3
 bct441MilestoneRecorder.mp3
 BookPort22.mp3
 BreakfastWithClarance.mp3
 BreakfastWithJanina.mp3
 BreakfastWithMarc.mp3
 ClickerReview.mp3
 CliftonWalkingTour.mp3
 CSUNKeynote.mp3
 CSUNWrapup.mp3
 DeGunkingWindowsPart1.mp3
 HolidayInDevonTheWestCountryOfEngland.mp3
 IconDemo.mp3
 InexpensivePhantomPoweredMicrophones.mp3
 InteractiveLocalization.mp3
 JavaAndGNOME.mp3
 MilestoneRecorderTechnicalReview1.mp3
 MilestoneUnprocessedFile.mp3
 MZRH10MinidiskRecorderReviewPart1.mp3
 NewList.mp3
 PGPAndEmail.mp3
 PlaybackMarch2006.mp3
 Security.mp3
 SkypeUnites.mp3
 ThanksButNoThanks.mp3
 TheDarkSide.mp3
 ThreeInOne.mp3

I then fired up BP Transfer and copied them all to my podcasts (e:\PodCasts)
folder on my BookPort. Within BP Transfer, I used control+A to select all of
the files in the Podcasts folder on the pc, selected the Podcasts folder as
the destination on the BookPort and checked Send Audio as Music.  Send
filename as title is not checked.

When, in BP Transfer,  I look at the files in the PodCasts folder, they are
listed as follows:

[...]

Note that the files are listed on the BP in the same order as they are
listed on the pc; except that the first 9 files appearing in the pc list are
at the end of the BP list (after ThreeInOne.mp3).

When I use the next File (#) key to move through these files on the BP, the
BP goes off to lala land on the file after ThreeInOne.mp3.  If I try to play
the next file, the BP is hung and I hear part of an error message that
starts with "audio". If I hit something else like D and F, it will sometimes
recover after a few seconds and other times it will not.

The first time I encountered the problem and couldn't figure what was going
on, I backed-up all of the BP files on to my pc, reformated the card on the
BP and copied the files back using Windows Explorer.  The problem was still
there.

So, this morning, using Windows explorer, I deleted all of the podcasts
files on the BP and using the latest BP transfer, sent them again to the BP
with the same settings as listed above.  The problem is still there.  The BP
gets stuck after the same ThreeInOne.mp3 file.