[bookport] Re: Bookport battery cover

  • From: John Milton <jon_mi1ton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:21:27 -0800 (PST)

David is right.  To get the cover, you have to pay for
the plastic case that includes it since Springer had
to pay for the entire case from the supplier and hence
passing on the cost to the customer.  Since the BP
case is a custom design, the supplier won't even make
the covers individually.
Duct tape is messy, but will work and is cheaper.
If the break isn't too bad, you might be able to use
superglue.

-jon

--- David Allen <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not necessarily, but the fix wasn't cheap the last
> time I heard about it. Some folks on the list were
> able to buy a case from Springer Design for around
> $25 that included the battery cover wanted.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.