[bookport] Re: Bookport Stability

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:47:10 -0500

I'm new to this list, so the question I'm going to ask may well have been cussed and discussed a dozen times already, but here goes:

About two months ago I purchased a Book Courier; then, almost before I'd unpacked the new unit I happened to read about the Book Port and its advanced features, especially the transfer protocols and unparalleled performance in general. I know that the two devices utilize the same speech synthesizer and support most of the same file formats, and the price is similar though not identical. My question, of course, is this: have any of you had an opportunity to systematically compare these products? I would be quite interested to learn about your experiences and the impressions you've derived. Interestingly, I joined the Book Courier user group at the same time I joined this one, and have received no postings at all. My feeling is that Book Courier was fine until it was essentially transformed into Book Port, but that its appeal is now on the wane. Would this be an accurate summation?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew J. LaPointe" <alapointe89@xxxxxxxxxxx>