[bookport] Re: Bookport Not connecting

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:29:08 -0500

Pete:

I have no idea why this is happening. Its very strange that BPT doesn't
start when connecting, but it goes away when disconnecting.

>>> ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/20/06 09:36AM >>>
Rob,

Regarding the two suggestions you had below:

1.      When I checked the properties of the e: drive which showed up
about
30 seconds after the BP was connected, I saw:
        a.      Type of disk = removable media
        2.      Type of File system = FAT
Windows did not indicate whether this was FAT16 or FAT32.  Is there
another
way to check?  This is a 2 GB card.

2.      Checking in the Task Manager as you suggested, I saw that
bpl.exe
was listed as a running program as it should be.

Still when I connect the BP here is everything that happens:
1.      I hear the two beeps indicating that the BP is connected.
2.      After about 30 seconds, the e: drive pops up listing the files
on
the BP.
3.      Bookport Transfer does not automatically pop up.
4.      If Bookport Transfer is started manually, all files show up
properly
within Bookport Transfer.
5.      After disconnecting the BP, the proper tones are played
indicating
that the BP has been disconnected, and both the e: drive and Bookport
Transfer program shut down as they should.

Well, any more thoughts?  Thanks.

-- Pete
E-mail: ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:29:17 -0500
From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>

Pete:

Try the Book Port on your old computer to be sure it still recgonizes
the Book Port after the firmware upgrade. Let me know.

Rob Meredith

>>> ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/14/06 08:20PM >>>
I had been testing/using the Bookport's beta software and firmware.

Now, I have a new computer, and the Bookport software I have loaded on
this
new computer does not recognize that I am testing/running betas.
Therefore,
the automatic beta upgrade was not available.

So, I uninstalled the Bookport software and installed the Bookport
software
from the AFB beta site.  All went well with the install.

Now the problem...

1.      When I connect my Bookport via the USB cable, Windows says that
it
cannot find the "E:" drive and the Bookport is not recognized.
2.      If I launch the Bookport program and then try to connect the
Bookport, the unit is still not recognized.

Note, I have a D: drive (DVD), but no E: drive on my computer.

I know there is a solution for this but forgot what to do.  Can anyone
help?