[bookport] Re: BookPort won't talk to Transfer software

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:50:55 -0500

Nick:

Have you tried interchanging flash cards, to see if that is the problem?  =
You might also try reformatting the card, using the reformat command.=20

If that's not it, stay tuned. I'm sure Rob and Larry might have more =
ideas.=20

Pamela

>>> Nick.Baker@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/24/05 12:25PM >>>
Hello, All
        Our DSS program issues 27 BookPorts to students each semester,
and all have worked very close to perfectly, with most problems relating
to the dreaded "user error," or lack of synchronization of
firmware/hardware. These problems have been quickly resolved.
        This is the beginning of our spring semester, a time when we are
checking out BookPorts to students and a time I expect to discover new
problems. I have not been disappointed. We now have unique (I hope)
problem:=3D20
The BookPort functions properly until the USB cable is plugged into a
computer for download--then it goes completely dead. The computer does
not auto-recognize the BookPort, nor does it recognize it if I manually
start the transfer software. Other BookPorts work fine with the same
cable and computer. The dead BookPort can be revived by removing and
replacing the batteries.
When I say the BookPort is dead, I mean that there is no response to the
keyboard--not even to beep when locked keys are pressed. When restored
by removing the batteries, the keypad works normally in every respect
until the BookPort is hooked up to the USB cable.
Any ideas?=3D20
APH folks: is this a repair you can walk me through or will we need to
return it to you?

        Nick

Nick Baker
Assistive Technology Coordinator