[bookport] Re: BookPort opens as an external drive in a My computer window

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence.whaley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:12:15 -0600

Randy, this is fairly normal on some machines. Try alt-tabbing and I think you'll see the transfer software open in another window.

At 11:14 AM 12/28/2006 -0500, you wrote:
On one of my computers, when I plug up BookPort, instead of launching the BookPort Transfer program, a My Computer window opens, showing BookPort as an external drive. All of the folders and files in BookPort show up as they should, but of course I can't successfully manipulate them.

I have to close that window and launch the Transfer program manually.

It's no big deal to me really, I'm just wondering why this would occur and how I could go about changing it to work as explained in the manual.

Randy Borst
Director of Disability Services
25 Capen Hall
University at Buffalo