[bookport] BookPort and Audible files

  • From: "Cheryl and Dash" <Dashman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:24:24 -0500

Hello,
     I am a proud new owner of a BookPort, as of two days ago...and loving
it.  I just subscribed to the list this morning.
     My question: I subscribed to Audible.com and downloaded a format 4
audiobook.  When I play it on the BookPort, it is very fluttery.  I would
guess the sample rate is 22K or below.  Send as music was not checked, and I
had it compress pauses by 50%.
     So, is this normal?  Is there anything I can do to improve the audio
quality of the book?  I am worried that if it's this fluttery at normal
speed, time compression will make it worse.
Thanks in advance for your help/input,
Cheryl