[bookport] Re: BookPort Transfer not recognizing BookPort connected on my XP

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:12:45 -0600

The transfer software remembers the last place from which you retrieved
downloadable files, and that location will show up until you navigate to
another location before closing the program.  As long as you've created a
default folder on Book Port into which materials can be downloaded, you should
be ok.  The reason for doing this is so as not to clutter up your root
directory too much and risk lack of functionality or sluggishness.  To create
such a folder, open the Transfer Tool, select "options," and the "advanced"
tab, and you'll find an edit box all ready to receive the name of a default
folder.  Even the necessary backslash is there waiting for you to simply append
a folder name.