[bookport] Re: BookPort Suggestin and Question

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:42:48 -0600

Tyler, I recently bought a Sony personal CD player from Musician's Friend which plays MP3's and other things, and it has similar battery life as well as the option to connect extra batteries externally. I read through the list of Sony's available machines, and most of their personal CD players and several other devices have these features. In a word, such features seem to be the norm with current Sony players rather than the exception. By the way, since you haven't made your purchase yet, let me say that I create my own playlists of MP3's, copy them to CD's, or occasionally just transfer a dozen or so pre-recorded CD's which I previously converted to MP3's, onto a blank CD and play them on my new personal CD player. It's anti-shock mechanism is so great that you can exercise or do anything else without experiencing a skip. Obviously there are advantages to having a dedicated MP3 player, but this might give you something to think about also, since it will also play standard CD's.

I should have made this message a personal reply instead of posting it on the list. Sorry, folks. It's been a long, busy day and I'm too tired to think properly. Will try to refrain from posting things like this, though because they're tedious to read through unless the subject being discussed happens to be of interest to you. Sorry, truly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyler Wood" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx>