[bookport] BookPort Screaming then Dying

  • From: "Marlaina Lieberg" <marlaina@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:28:32 -0800

Hi all.  Wow, did I have a weird thing happen last night.  I am running all the
latest software/firmware, and have a 1 GB card inserted into my BookPort.  Last
night, I checked my battery status and it said it was at 30 percent.  I figured
that was enough to get me to sleep, so I did not change the batteries.  I
unlocked the unit, then checked to see at what percentage of my file I had
stopped.  As I executed the first power move, my bookport made this screatching
sound, starting high and going down low.  It actually sounded like it was
crashing and burning, SMILES!
Once it crashed, I could not do anything with it, none of the buttons worked.
So, I removed the batteries, put them back again and started again.  Got the
same result.  So, removed the batteries a second time, put them back and this
time it said something like f s file format not supported, then screached and
crashed.  I tried one final time by removing the batteries and putting them
back in, and this time I got to my book and was able to execute the power move.
 About three minutes later, it gave me the battery low message, so I simply
replaced the batteries and it's been working fine ever since.

It sure stopped my heart for a minute or so, SMILES!
Marlaina Lieberg