[bookport] Re: Book port, boadt anchor.

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 01:31:04 -0500

Hi there. While the bookport is a fantastic machine, the major problem with it that I have is that once you put stuff on it, using the transfer software, that material becomes proprietary to the bookport and cannot be used by the pc. And if you want the navigational functionality the bookport offers for daisy books, you must use the transfer software. I own both a bookport and a stream, and was very disappointed when I bought my stream, hooked it and my bookport upto my laptop, and tried to transfer a load of books I had on my bookport to my stream, only to discover that the stuff on my bookport, when looking at it as a drive, had all these funky file names on it, that windows might as well have laughed in the face. Because of this, i love the ease with which you can transfer stuff back and forth between the stream and the pc. I also have come to prefer the stream's navigational system over that of the book port. I'll stop here before I go off on a tangent. Lol.If anyone wants to know more about the stream, please feel free to write me off list at

drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx
Take care all.

Shane

At 02:46 PM 9/30/2007, you wrote:
Hi Albert,
I see where you are coming from. However, the installation of the software
is a one time event and, after that, you only need to error to (send to
BookPort) and away you go. That is true with every card you might want to
use with the Book Port. Of course, someone who actually has the Stream might
want to comment on the process of needing to place specific folders on each
card being used for the player. Since it looks as if the Stream may be the
only player for now, I would be interested in hearing from list members who
are actually using the unit.

Make it a great one

Sharon

http://www.eset.com