[bookport] Re: Book port Speech

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:03:19 -0400

I think everyone agrees that the doubletalk is not the best speech going.  But
having said that, one of the reasons the BP is priced at under $400 is that it
has the synthesizer it does.  Sure the Pac Mate has Ellequence but its ten
times the price.  I think APH did the best they could given that afordability,
portability and technicalogical simplicity were among the criteria they used.
Given the rate at which technology is improving, I suspect that the next
iteration of the BP, whenever it arrives will be head and shoulders above this
one.  Meanwhile, the first one continues to have a greater effect on my daily
life than any other piece of access technology with the possible exception of
the computer itself.  Lou