[bookport] Re: Book Wizard registration

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:23:55 -0500

Jim:

In a word, yes, you will have to wait until monday in order to call RFB&D to
get your four digit pin. They should have at least put a braille copy of
that in with the software disk, but they didn't; not with me either.

I must commend you; you did better than I did with this exact agenda this
past wednesday. I thought the key was my four digit pin, and intuited that
my user name must be my RFB&D ID. After getting major league frustrated
trying to register the RFB&D software so that I could use book wizard to
read RFB&D books, I went to the web site, logged in with my RFB&D user ID,
entered the software fingerprint (which I was only able to discern through
use of the screen-reading curser), and then received my sixteen character
registration key. The only reason I knew my four digit pin was because I had
ordered a plextalk PTR-1 daisy player / recorder from them last december.

Hang in there; you'll get the information you need monday, and, thank god
(given how slow they are to return calls), you won't have to get that info
from the tech support team. Anyone at RFB&D who can access your membership
record can give you your pin.

John