[bookport] Re: Book Port unresponsive after firmware upgrade

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:17:49 -0500

Peter:

Try removing the batteries and the flash card. Leave the flash card out =
and reinsert the batteries. If nothing happens, and the batteries are =
good, the unit has to be sent back to APH. Pamela can help you with =
details regarding returning the unit for repair.

Rob Meredith

>>> peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx 01/27/05 03:59AM >>>
Hi Larry/Rob,=20

When I connected to the Internet this morning, the Book Port informed =
me=20
that a new firmware was available, and I instructed the program to =
proceed=20
with the upgrade from firmware version x.05 to x.10. Afterwards, I=20
disconnected the Book Port to allow the firmware to be installed.=20

A few minutes later I connected to the Internet again, and the Book =
Port=20
informed me that I still had old firmware version x.05 installed, and =
asked=20
if I wanted to download version x.10. I said yes, and the firmware was=20
installed again. Afterwards, I disconnected the Book Port to allow the=20
firmware to be installed.=20

Since that point the Book Port appears to be completely dead. It does =
not=20
respond to any of the buttons, and when I connect it to my computer I =
get=20
the message "USB device not working properly", or something like that. =
I=20
tried to reset the Book Port by pressing 2+B and by removing the =
batteries=20
for 30 minutes, but neither attempt succeeded in reviving the Book =
Port,=20
which remains unresponsive.=20

What would you recommend I do now? I'm really eager to check out the =
new=20
features.=20

Thanks,=20

Peter=20