[bookport] Re: Book Port and Daisy talking book sample

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:24:12 -0400

Michael:

Make sure the file you are trying to send has a ".ncc" extension. This =
file will contain the entire text. When you select that file, and the =
range comes up, be sure the first box is set to the beginning of the file. =
Try pressing the home key in that box.=20

The icon on the desktop is used for listening from your PC. You don't use =
that for Book Port.=20

>>> micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/30/04 03:47PM >>>
Hi.  I downloaded and installed the sample of the Verbal View of Windows =
XP=20
onto my Book Port.  For some reason I did not get the first part of the =
file=20
when I sent it to the Book Port.  The file begins with Book Organization=20=

instead of the title and author and produced by American Printing House =
for=20
the Blind and so on.  Why did I not get all of the file?

I opened the demo from the desktop which is where the shortcut is =
located.=20
I then used the alt key and opened the file menu.  I arrowed down to send =
to=20
book port and pressed enter.  I heard the words getting book information =
and=20
then when that finished, I tabbed over to the box that said through 159 =
and=20
then tabbed to okay and pressed enter.  Yet, when I open the demo from =
the=20
desktop shortcut I hear the opening announcements that I don't hear on =
the=20
book port.  I hope that helps.

Michael Massey=20