[bookport] Re: Book Port alive and well at Hill House

  • From: "Stan Robinson" <stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:17:14 +1100

Firstly my apologise for taking the liberty of using your "inbox".  I have been
involved with BP problems through the list during the last six weeks.

I was given a BP on loan recently. I am considering handing it back. Try as I
may, I  do not seem able to equate waste of time, against returns.

Your post came to my notice this morning and after reading it, I decided to ask
you for some help.I suppose the most obvious question that comes to my mind is,
what makes a BP so valuable to you and useless to me?

 I must tell you I do have a few strikes against me.  For the last 23 years I
have used Macintosh computers only.  Windows platform, three months.  I decided
to switch platforms for two reasons, the first being DNS and the second is the
BP.  The going has been rough as I have had to learn, Windows, BP, Word, Excel
and finally Dragon Naturally Speaking (DNS)

Stan.

I am the proud owner of 2 of the original Book Ports.

I find them to be well made, easy to use and very accomodating for the ways in
which I use them.  It is not perfect, but I am pleased to have made their
purchase.  I am the second owner of each and they came with a very nice leather
case.  I could name things I would like improved but I have no problem using
the BPs just as they are.  I feel they are solid, well made and are capable of
having me use them for even years to come.

BTW, my husband bought me a Stream.  Yes I can read nls books on it, but at
this point, I have learned the truth I have learned about cars.  Don't buy one
the first year they are in production.  Let the kinks and bugs get worked out
before you spend your money.  I wanted to send the Stream back, but my husband
insisted that I keep it.

When I am ready to read...especially read and travel...I reach for my Book Port.

[...]

  Nancy

  girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx