[bookport] Re: Book Port Transfer software and Window-eyes

  • From: "Marlaina Lieberg" <marlaina@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:31:32 -0700

Walt, connect your BookPort.

Open the b p transfer utility.

Press the options button, go to the tab called advanced, then tab over I
think it is 5 times to hear activate.  That'll do it.

The key to activating BookPort is you must have it connected.  Once you do
this, the b p transfer software will ask you for your audible id and
password.  I assume it is then sent off to dear old audible, and you are
good to go.  It is instantaneous.

Hint to folks:  If you are looking at formats for books and you have a
previously registered device such as audible otis, don't connect to audible
with the b p connected.  It sees an activated device and thinks its otis and
won't show you format 4.  I found this out when checking on the numbers of
my books I thought were not in format 4.  While there are a few not in 4,
most weren't in 4 because I had b p connected.  Audible doesn't know B P on
its web site, so all it sees is what you may have had previously told it you
activated.  Hope that makes sense.

Happy reading!

Marlaina Lieberg