[bookport] Re: Book Port Transfer software and Window-eyes

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:14:40 -0400

This is the same no matter what screen reader you use:

The audible.com Web Site lets you browse or search for titles to purchase. =
 When you find something you wish to buy, you add it to your shopping =
basket.  Once you have added all the desired programs to your shopping =
basket, use the Checkout button to complete your purchase.

Once your purchase is complete, the programs you purchased get added to =
your Audible Library.

The Audible Library

The Audible Library is where you work with the programs you have purchased.=
  When you purchase a program, it gets instantly added to your library in =
the New Individual Programs section.  Once the title is in your library, =
you can listen to it or download it as many times as you like--it is your =
library, and your selections will always be there.

Get It Now

The Get It Now button in the library lets you select how you will listen =
to your audio.  You may either listen to the program via the Internet or =
download the title to your hard disk.  If you wish to send the program to =
Book Port, you will want to download the title to your hard disk.

Choose Format

Audible programs are available in a variety of formats.  Most portible =
players support one or more of these formats.  Book Port uses type 4 files =
only.  Type 4 files are the highest quality and are the largest to =
download.

Choosing a Delivery Method

Once you go to your library, select the Get It Now button, and specify the =
type 4 format, you are ready to select your delivery method.  There are =
two delivery methods: listen and download.

When you choose to listen, the audio content is streamed over the =
Internet, and you must be connected to the Internet while listening.

When you download a title, the Audible Manager places the program on your =
hard disk, so you may listen to it at any time, even when not connected to =
the Internet, or you may send that title to your portable device such as =
Book Port.

Locating Your Audible.com Books

Once you activate Book Port as an audible device and download some content =
from audible.com, use Book Port Transfer's Favorites list to locate your =
audible.com files and send any type 4 file to your unit.

When you select an Audible.com book, Book Port Transfer displays the =
Select Audio Book Range dialog to let you pick how much of the book to =
send.=20

>>> micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx Monday, August 23, 2004 12:06:20 PM >>>
Hi folks.  This is to anyone who uses Window-eyes, especially Clarence=20
Whaley as I have seen his name on the list.  I am unable to access the=20
audible manager to transfer a book to the book port.  I was on the =
phone=20
with APh this morning and we tried several things to get the book I =
ordered=20
from Audible.com to transfer to the book port with no luck.  Anyone who =
uses=20
Window-eyes 4.5 service pack four with Windows XP service pack two =
please=20
write and see if I can get help to transfer the book I ordered to the =
book=20
port.  TAke care.

Mike=20