[bookport] Re: Book Port Observation

  • From: Dan Keys <dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:04:24 -0800

Hi,
OK. But doesn't the fact that the unit isn't really kept from activating accidentally defeating the whole idea of locking the keypad?

On Nov 29, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Sandy Licht wrote:

This is normal behavior.

At 10:32 AM 11/29/2006, Dan Keys wrote:
Hello,
Perhaps this has been covered before on this list. If so, I'm sorry
fro bringing it up again.
I have noticed that when the keys are locked and the key-lock-beep is
off, the keys still activate the BP. In other words-- If you press
any key other than the 1 or 3, you will hear the unit activate and
after several seconds the double shutoff beeps.
So if you have the BP in your pocket and you keep bumping the keys,
you will still use battery reserves because the unit is really being
made active even though the key-lock has been activated.
Any comments on this?
Thanks.
Dan

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.