[bookport] Re: Book Port Observation

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:43:18 -0500

Hello:

Yes, it is true that when the unit is locked and you press a key you
will hear the lock beep sound, followed by the double beep, indicating
shutdown.  This is normal behavior.  It will not drain your batteries.
You could do this for 2 or 3 weeks and not run down your batteries.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/29/06 11:32AM >>>
Hello,
Perhaps this has been covered before on this list. If so, I'm sorry
fro bringing it up again.
I have noticed that when the keys are locked and the key-lock-beep is

off, the keys still activate the BP. In other words-- If you press
any key other than the 1 or 3, you will hear the unit activate and
after several seconds the double shutoff beeps.
So if you have the BP in your pocket and you keep bumping the keys,
you will still use battery reserves because the unit is really being
made active even though the key-lock has been activated.
Any comments on this?
Thanks.
Dan