[bookport] Re: Book Port Firmware Beta 2.1.0.22

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:17:45 -0500

Don:

I lost your original message, so let's take it from the top. You say
some MP3 file names are not reading properly with this new beta. How did
the files get on the Book Port? Can you tell me anything else about the
files, such as whether or not they have tags? I need to find such a file
to get this fixed.

Rob Meredith

>>> Don.Barrett@xxxxxx 01/17/06 07:22PM >>>
Rob, I can confirm the problem.  I put the flash card in a book port
running 2.01.00.00 and all of the file names read perfectly; I then
put
the card back in mine running 2.01.00.22 and at least  1/5 to 1/4 of
the
mp3 file names did not read correctly at all.  Also, with these files
whose names did not read correctly, pressing the five key yielded the
message "cannot get play time, 0 minutes 0 seconds) no matter how far
was in the file, implying that they were VBR files I guess???  Anyway,
something is definitely different and I grant that perhaps track
numbers
are in the tags, but as I say, version 2.01.00.00 is not having this
issue.  Can anyone help me out here in explaining this?

Thanks Rob and all,

Don