[bookport] Re: Book Port Beta History?

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:53:06 -0500 (CDT)

I would agree in principle, but for two things, based on experiences from other lists. First, people rarely check FAQ's and bring their questions to lists anyway, and second, people can be rather brusque and unkind sometimes in refering people to the FAQ.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Barrett, Don wrote:

I think we need a FAQ as the same questions keep getting asked and answered
again and again, such as:

How big a memory card will the book port take?
Where are the "What's New" files for the software and the firmware located?
Who gets notified of new versions of the software and firmware?
What kinds of files will the BookPort support?
What navigation will I get with indexed versus unindexed files?

I just think this will to a degree cut down on list traffic.

Don

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of LARRY SKUTCHAN Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:15 AM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: Book Port Beta History?

There is nothing new in the softare, but if you wish to see what is new in the firmware, look at www.aph.org/beta/bpx_new.htm

jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, July 25, 2005 9:16:44 PM >>>
I downloaded the new beta Book Port software. Where can I find a
description of the items added and what function keys to press to get
these items?
Jim Nuttall