[bookport] Re: Book Port Beta History?

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:00:39 +1200

Hi Sarah and list:

I appreciate what you are doing. Like you, I think the manual for bookport is one of the best I've seen. I find it never takes long to find most things in it. I did a search for something in it once, but that was only an exercise to prove that it worked. I usually find what I want by navigating by section and sub-section. When I reach the section or sub-section that I want, I stop and let it read. This method can take a bit longer if the particular item happens to be at the far end of a larger section but that usually doesn't matter because it offers me an opportunity to refresh other information along the way.

Of course as I'm sure you know, one of the many beauties of bookport is that there are so many ways of finding what you want in the manual that no one is tied to one rigid method. I can easily see, for example, that a couple well placed bookmarks would save some time as some have suggested. A Braille search would also be very fast. But all the methods *work.

Cheers,
Dave