[bookport] Re: Book Port Beta History?

  • From: "Sarah Cranston" <cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:23:54 -0500

Hi Sandy,

If you'll pardon my asking, what methods did you use to look for this command?
I am trying to figure out why the BP manual is difficult for some people to
use.  Personally, I have found it to be one the best manuals I have ever seen,
for any product, not just blindness-related ones.  So, what steps did you take?
 Did you go through the sections and try to find one on moving or navigating in
different increments?  Or, did you use a Braille search and look for the word
"percent", or the word "large"?  These are both words you used in your original
message.  I searched in the manual, and found the power move command by
searching for "percent" three times, and the word "large" four times.  In other
words, I went to the Braille find mode, input the word "percent" or the word
"large, and used the 8+9 command three and four times respectively, and there I
was, in the exact section I was looking for.
Please know, Sandy, that I am *NOT* trying to pick on you or set you up as an
example.  I am trying to come up with the best ways to help new users get
comfortable with the BookPort and all it can do.