[bookport] Re: Book Port 2

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 07:54:53 -0500

We don't know that the Bookport2 was going to be designed along the lines of the Book courier. As a matter of fact, APH has never said that Springer Design would be building the new BP for them. But, as you say, the debate about batteries is very much premature at this point.

At 08:49 AM 6/29/2008 +0100, you wrote:
Hi Robert and others.

There seems very little point in discussing BP2 as there isn't going to
be one on the table for a while.  As I've said before in my previous
messages, if the BP2 was going to be designed upon the same foundation
as the new courier and by the same company then Springer have announced
that the courier isn't going to come out immanently because of other
commitments.  I know there was discussion when the release was
announced last year about a rechargeable battery pack, but this doesn't
seem to have been echoed by the courier which is going to stick to the
AA batteries which most people consider to be more handy and convenient
especially if they are frequent travellers.  In short, take a look at
www.bookcourier.com and have a look at the what's new section to see
what features were tabled for the new courier which would have been the
same or similar for the new BP product.

As for availability, I have had official confirmation that production of
the book port and courier products has ceased and that support and
servicing will be provided by the respective companies until such time
as parts availability makes it no longer practical to provide this.  APH
and Springer will probably update their software and firmware to resolve
reported bugs, but work to further develop and enhance the products
features and capabilities on the current hardware platform seems
unlikely.  The update recently made by APH in April applies to the
transfer software fixing problems with Vista compatibility.  The last
firmware update was made in February 2006.

I hope this answers any questions you all may have and if you've any
further still, I'll try to find out for you.
--
  Ibrahim Gucukoglu
  ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.