[bookport] Re: Book Port

  • From: "Bertha A Guerrero" <missmommymomma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:10 -0600

Thank You
----- Original Message ----- From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 7:47 AM
Subject: [bookport] Re: Book Port

Bertha:

As Marta said, we also now have the Braille + PDA Mobile Manager, which will currently read BRF files, Daisy files from Book Share and MP3 files. As I also pointed out yesterday, if you were on the list then, we are currently testing for NLS, so it will also be able to do that format soon, as well as Audible.com books.

Since it is a PDA, it does more than the Book Port. The price is $1395. I understand that not everyone can afford that, but you asked the question and currently, that is the answer.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

missmommymomma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/13/07 10:51PM >>>
Hello All,
Is there any other product through APH that is similar to the Book Port.
I had just about made a decision to purchase a Book Port and I found out, they are no longer availible.
thank You
Bertha