[bookport] Re: Blank Titles with Bookshare Daisy Books

  • From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:20:07 -0600

Thank you, Pamela.
I will get this newer version of the book wizard reader and try it.

Quick question.
Should I uninstall the older version of my book wizard software?
If yes, do it before the installing the new that I download from the link
you provided?

Thanks again.
I'm excited to try this.

And that unzip thing does not bother me so much. I has been what happens
when the book was on my Bookport that has been a problem.

Rik

Sender: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope that helps.
-Brian
On Sep 9,  4:38pm, "Peter Torpey" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Blank Titles with Bookshare Daisy Books
} This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01CA316B.FCFB26A0
}
} I am running the latest Bookport firmware.
}
}
}
} Over the past few weeks, I've downloaded several books from Bookshare in
} DAISY format.
}
}
}
} I am transferring them to the Bookport in the usual way.
}
}
}
} The problem is that when I navigate to the folder containing these books
the
} Bookport doesn't say anything for the title.  It's as if the title were
} blank.  Other than that, the books read fine, but I can't tell which book
} I'm beginning to read after navigating to it.
}
}
}
} The several books I've had problems with are some of Baldacci's Camel Club
} books as well as a book entitled "Dead Irish".
}
}
}
} What is the problem?  Any ideas?  I don't think I've changed any Bookport
} Transfer settings.
}
}
}
} Thanks.
}
}
}
} --Pete
}
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01CA316B.FCFB26A0
}
} <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
} xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
} xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
} xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"; =
} xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
}
} <head>
} <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
} charset=3Dus-ascii">
} <meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
} <style>
} <!--
}  /* Font Definitions */
}  @font-face
} {font-family:"Cambria Math";
} panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
} @font-face
} {font-family:Calibri;
} panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
}  /* Style Definitions */
}  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
} {margin:0in;
} margin-bottom:.0001pt;
} font-size:11.0pt;
} font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
} {mso-style-priority:99;
} color:blue;
} text-decoration:underline;}
} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
} {mso-style-priority:99;
} color:purple;
} text-decoration:underline;}
} span.EmailStyle17
} {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
} font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
} color:windowtext;}
} .MsoChpDefault
} {mso-style-type:export-only;}
} @page Section1
} {size:8.5in 11.0in;
} margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
} div.Section1
} {page:Section1;}
} -->
} </style>
} <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
}  <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
} </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
}  <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
}   <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
}  </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
} </head>
}
} <body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>
}
} <div class=3DSection1>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>I am running the latest Bookport =
} firmware.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>Over the past few weeks, I&#8217;ve downloaded =
} several books
} from Bookshare in DAISY format.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>I am transferring them to the Bookport in the usual =
} way.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>The problem is that when I navigate to the folder =
} containing
} these books the Bookport doesn&#8217;t say anything for the title.&nbsp; =
} It&#8217;s
} as if the title were blank.&nbsp; Other than that, the books read fine, =
} but I can&#8217;t
} tell which book I&#8217;m beginning to read after navigating to =
} it.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>The several books I&#8217;ve had problems with are =
} some of Baldacci&#8217;s
} Camel Club books as well as a book entitled &#8220;Dead =
} Irish&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>What is the problem?&nbsp; Any ideas?&nbsp; I =
} don&#8217;t think I&#8217;ve
} changed any Bookport Transfer settings.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks.<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
}
} <p class=3DMsoNormal>--Pete<o:p></o:p></p>
}
} </div>
}
} </body>