[bookport] Re: Beta versions and firmware

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:15:13 -0400

Yes Pete, Jeremiah is right. Some how, you got the Beta software without =
the beta firmware. If you want the beta firmware, download the following:

www.aph.org/beta/bpfw_beta.exe=20

If you don't want to mess with the beta firmware, we expect to have a full =
release of the firmware and software very soon.

Rob Meredith

>>> ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/24/04 10:05PM >>>
Every time I connect my Bookport to the USB port, the following message =
appears:

"A Bookport firmware update is required to read files sent to the Bookport =
with this version of Bookport Transfer.
Please select OK and connect to the Internet to update your firmware."

When I click on "ok", the Bookport Program pops up and runs on the PC =
normally.  No firmware update is automatically installed.

Bookport reports the firmware as version 01.00.04, and
That the Bookport Transfer version is 1.4.3.408.
Available.

I haven't been experiencing any problems with reading, but when I =
disconnect and re-connect, the same message appears.

If there is something I should do to rectify this, please let me know.

Thanks.

-- Pete (still enjoying this great product!)